Cloud Droplet Analyzer
The Cloud Droplet Analyzer is a high-resolution optical aerosol spectrometer optimized for measuring size distribution and number concentration of cloud aerosols like droplets and ice crystals.
Aerosol spectrometer for in-situ cloud monitoring
Droplets and ice crystals can be distinguished based on the measurement principle of optical light scattering (90°) on single particles and high-resolution components.
The optical sensor is also used in research applications from KIT for Ice Nucleation Studies at AIDA -Chamber.
The cloud water content and mean droplet diameter can also be reported.
Individual solutions for various industries
- In-situ-Cloud monitoring
- Environmental Research
- Climate Research
- Cloud formation
- Ice Nucleation Events
- Measurement range (number C_N)
- 0 – 200 particles/cm3
- Measurement range (size)
- 0,6 – 40 µm, 0,8 – 100 µm
- Measuring principle
- Optical light scattering on single particle with evaluation of signal length and amplitude
- Reported data
- Particle size distribution, number concentration, water content, mean volume equivalent diameter
- Volume flow
- 5 l/min
- Data acquisition
- Digital, 20 MHz processor, 256 raw data channels
- USB, Ethernet (LAN), Wi-Fi, RS-232/485
More information about Cloud Droplet Analyzer
Your individual configuration
Options suitable for this device