The ENVI-CPC 50 is a butanol-based particle counter with high efficiency, especially for the smallest nanoparticles. It can monitor concentrations of ultrafine particles (UFP) in outdoor air. The Model 50 is designed for concentrations up to 104 particles/cm3. This makes it ideal for long-term measurement- alone or as part of an overall system for measuring the size distribution and concentration of UFP.
The patented evaporator and condensation module is maintenance-free. This allows continuous operating times of up to one year without maintenance and cleaning - unique so far.
The system meets the requirements of the standard CEN / TS 16976:2016 (Harmonized measurement of number concentrations using CPC) in all areas. It can be operated directly with a NAFION® based sampling system if desired. The pumps required for this are already integrated.
Norms and certificates
National and international standards
CEN / TS 16976:2016
Nanoparticle counter for ambient air monitoring with integrable NAFION® aerosol dryer
The aerosol pre-dried by the NAFION® dryer is fed directly to the evaporator unit by the internally adjustable and controlled diaphragm pump, where it is saturated with the working liquid n-butanol. From there, it flows to the base of the evaporator in a spiral trough placed inside the cylinder. The non-evaporated residue is pumped back into the reservoir by a second pump. This actively ensures permanent saturation of the evaporator and, at the same time, prevents deposits from forming on the inner walls.
In contrast to a control with a critical nozzle, contamination of the system cannot lead to a drop in the volume flow. This is especially important for long-term measurements in the ambient air. The user can calibrate the volume flow.
The detection of the condensed particles is done by an optical sensor, which determines the concentrations and size distribution of the condensed particles and thus allows a simple and efficient quality control.
In addition to the usual factory calibration and adjustment of the cut-off according to CEN / TS 16976, Palas® offers certification of the instrument at the WCCAP (World Calibration Center for Aerosol Physics at the Leibniz Institute for Tropospheric Research).
The ENVI-CPC system has a 7" touch display for visualization and control. The system supports a standardized interface with different remote control and network application protocols, e.g., Modbus, Bayern-Hessen protocol. All necessary calculations and evaluations are performed directly on the device. A laptop for monitoring, changing settings, or visualization is not needed.
Fig. 1: Counting efficiency curve of the ENVI-CPC measured at the Leibniz Institute for Tropospheric Research
The ENVI-CPC system can be equipped with a meteorological sensor that monitors temperature, pressure, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, and precipitation type and intensity of the outdoor air. A climate-controlled weather protection enclosure is available.
Your special advantages
- The unique, patented way of providing the working fluid for unattended operation of months
- Integrated computer with 7'' touch screen
- Intuitive user interface with sophisticated software for data evaluation
- Integrated data logger
- Limitless integrated network connectivity that supports remote operation and data storage in the internet
- Powerful software package
Individual solutions for various industries
- Aerosol Research
- Environmental measurements
- Environmental monitoring measurement networks
- Workplace safety and occupational exposure studies
- Traffic emission monitoring
- Health studies
- Mobile aerosol studies
- Measurement range (number C_N)
- 104 particles/cm3 (single count mode), 104 – 107 particles/cm3 (nephelometric mode)
- Measurement range (size)
- 4 – 5,000 nm
- Detection efficiency (at low particle size)
- D50 = 7 +/- 0,7 nm; D90 < 14 nm
- Volume flow
- 0.9 l/min
- Data acquisition
- Digital, 20 MHz processor, 256 raw data channels
- Light source
- Long term stable LED
- User interface
- Touchscreen, 800 • 480 pixel, 7" (17.78 cm)
- Approx. 10 kg
- 5% (single count mode), 10% (nephelometric mode)
- Response time
- t90 < 3 s
- Operation liquid
- Installation conditions
- +10 – +30 °C (others on demand)
- USB, Ethernet (LAN), RS-232/485
- Power supply
- 115 – 230 V, 50/60 Hz
- 330 • 380 • 240 mm (H • W • D)
- Data Management
- Prepared for connection to the Palas®Cloud MyAtmosphere ("MyAtmosphere-ready"); internet access and separate registration required.MyAtmosphere terms and conditions of use apply.
Your individual configuration
Do you have questions about our products or services or do you need more information about a delivery status?