AQ Guard Smart 2000
AQ Guard Smart 2000 is a measuring device for monitoring particle concentrations in the ultrafine range. These ultrafine particles (UFP) significantly impact health, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). The who has therefore been recommending their monitoring since 2021. They typically cannot be detected by optical aerosol photometers or spectrometers due to their small size
Mass limit values such as PM2.5 and PM10 can be measured well with gravimetric methods; at the latest, for smaller PM1, ultrafine fractions are difficult to estimate and can be meaningfully assessed only by determining the particle concentration.
Expensive and more maintenance-intensive condensation particle counters are usually used to measure ultrafine particles. A size-classifying system (Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer) can make statements about particle size distribution and concentration.
Air quality analyzer for monitoring nanoparticles
AQ Guard Smart 2000 for ultrafine particles closes the gap between classical condensation particle counters and optical systems. Long-term measurements for the evaluation of number concentrations indoors and outdoors, e.g., at highly polluted locations such as airports, main roads, forwarding agencies, or also, e.g., toll stations, are quickly and reliably possible. They can already be used to define avoidance and reduction measures in a meaningful and targeted way.
Sensors that measure temperature, humidity, and pressure are integrated as standard.
AQ Guard Smart System has a pole or tripod mount and can be extended with a sunshade and LoRa modem if required.
Fig. 1: AQ Guard Smart on a tripod
AQ Guard Smart 2000 can be connected to the cloud platform MyAtmosphere . Private and government operators can retrieve current readings directly without delay. Furthermore, the data can be compared with the measured values of other devices. MyAtmopshere can be integrated into its systems/environments via an optional programming interface (API).
Optionally, the AQ Guard Smart 2000 can be equipped with a sunshade made of white powdered aluminum to reduce direct sunlight and overheating of the device. We recommend this in areas with high continuous sunlight and simultaneously high ambient temperatures. The sunshield can also be used as protection for the device itself, e.g., on construction sites or other areas (wind/snowfall/rain).
To better understand the fine dust input and its cause, the device is optionally available with a corresponding weather station, which provides supplementary meteorological information.
The touch panel allows direct display as well as configuration of the system via a USB port provided below or inside.
A switchable signal light (green/yellow/red), connected via the system's WiFi hotspot, visualizes limit value overruns.
- P. Bächler, F. Weis, S. Kohler, A. Dittler: Exploratory measurements of ambient air quality in a residential area applying a diffusion charge based UFP monitor, Gefahrstoffe, 2024, 84, 01-02, 15-22 (https://elibrary.vdi-verlag.de/10.37544/0949-8036-2024-01-02/gefahrstoffe-jahrgang-84-2024-heft-01-02?page=1).
Your special advantages
- Simple and accurate monitoring of particle number concentration of UFP
- Affordable and low maintenance, no working fluid
- Flexible use indoors and outdoors
- High temporal resolution
- Versatile data transmission options
Individual solutions for various industries
- UFP concentrations in and around airports and seaports
- Formation and dispersion studies
- Immission monitoring of industrial plants
- Urban air quality monitoring
- Supplementary measurement of UFP concentrations at traffic-rich sites
- Measurement range (number C_N)
- 1,000 – 10,000,000 particle/cm3
- Measurement range (size)
- ab 0,01 µm
- Measuring principle
- Diffusion charging
- Reported data
- CN, average diameter X50, ambient pressure, ambient temperature, rel. ambient humidity
- Approx. 6 kg
- Installation conditions
- 0 – +40 °C
- USB, Ethernet (LAN), Wi-Fi, 3G/4G via Modem, optional: LoRaWAN
- UDP, ASCII, Modbus
- Special features
- Heated inlet, mast / tripod mount
- 530 • 270 • 208 mm (H • W • D)
- Data Management
- Prepared for connection to the Palas®Cloud MyAtmosphere ("MyAtmosphere-ready"); internet access and separate registration required.MyAtmosphere terms and conditions of use apply.
More information about AQ Guard Smart 2000
Brief product description in two-pages as PDF
Detailed product description as PDF
Palas Application Construction Sites
Palas Application Natural Events
Palas Application Smart City - City of Ettlingen
Palas Application Story Wood Stoves AQ Guard Smart System
Palas Brochure AQ Guard Smart 2000
Palas Brochure AQ Guard Smart System
Palas Brochure MyAtmosphere
Palas MCERTS AQ Guard Smart
Palas Poster Air Quality Natural Events La Palma
Palas Poster UFP AQ Guard Smart 2000
Your individual configuration
Options suitable for this device