MFP Nano plus
MFP filter test rigs from Palas® have already proved themselves worldwide in practical development and quality control applications. The MFP Nano plushas been specially designed to determine the separation efficiency of HEPA and ULPA filter media in accordance with DIN EN 1822-3 and ISO 29463-3. In the form of the U-SMPS, a modern and powerful nanoparticle measuring device with a measurement range from 5 nm to 1 µm is used for particle size and quantity analysis.
With the aid of the universal aerosol generator UGF 2000, defined aerosol distributions matched to the MMPS range can be produced with DEHS or salt (NaCl / KCl).
Thanks to the movable dilution cascades, the test rig can be changed from salt aerosols to DEHS aerosols within a very short time, with no need for cleaning.
Norms and certificates
National and international standards
EN 1822-3 ISO 29463-3
Filter media test rig for determination of MPPS range
The largely automated setup of the test sequence and the clearly defined individual components, and the individually adjustable sequence programs of the filter test software FTControl combine to deliver the high reliability of our measurement results.
The MFP filter test rig is a modular filter testing system for flat filter media and small mini-filters.
Pressure loss curves, fraction separation efficiency, or burden can be determined within a very short period – both reliably and cost-effectively.
1. Variable aerosol generation with the UGF 2000 for KCl / NaCl or DEHS. We integrated silica gel drying length. The volume flow for aerosol generation is individually regulated via mass flow controllers.
2. Aerosol neutralization: Soft x-ray Charger XRC 049 or Corona discharge (optional).
3. Mobile pneumatic filter holder for fast removal and loading of the test rig.
4. Movable dilution cascades:
The dilution cascades enable defined dilution of the applied test aerosol by the factors 10, 100, 1,000 and 10,000. As they are movable, the test rig can be changed over quickly from salt aerosols to DEHS aerosols. Lengthy or complex cleaning of the systems is not required.
Alternatively, the dilution system can be selected for only one test aerosol.
5. U-SMPS for nanoparticle measurement
The Palas® filter test software FTControl controls the U-SMPS and evaluates the data.
Adjustment of the aerosol distribution to the MPPS range
Through a suitable selection of the solution concentration, the generated particle size distribution is matched to the relevant MPPS range in the MFP Nano plus.
Fig. 1: Adjustment of the particle sizes for the required MPPS range with DEHS
Fig. 2: Comparison of fraction separation efficiencies in the MPPS range at 140 nm
The MFP Nano plus has integrated mass flow controllers to control the volume flow; these can be automatically monitored and controlled via the FTControl filter test software.
Sensor data such as the filter's volume flow and differential pressure are recorded automatically during the filter test. The raw gas measurement is performed without the filter medium with a dilution factor matched to the separation efficiency (10, 100, 1,000 or 10,000). The clean gas measurement is then performed without dilution and with the filter medium inserted. The change in dilution factor is performed automatically.
Verification of the dilution factor:
The dilution systems integrated into the MFP Nano plus work like the tested VKL series with the ejector principle. The advantages of this dilution cascade are the apparent transfer behavior, low level of contamination, and simple cleaning.
Fig. 3: Verification of the dilution factor via raw/clean gas comparison with a factor of 10 and NaCl particles
Your special advantages
- Fractional separation efficiency measurement from 20 nm
- Internationally comparable measurement results in accordance with DIN EN 1822-3 and ISO 29463-3
- Simple use of different test aerosols, such as NaCl / KCl or DEHS (others on request)
- Easily movable dilution cascades with factors of 10, 100, 1,000 and 10,000 for measurements with salt or DEHS
- Simple measurement of the fraction separation efficiency and determination of the MPPS range
- High reproducibility of the testing method
- Flexible filter test software FTControl
- Easy to operate; even untrained personnel can be instructed quickly in the use of the equipment
- Cleaning can be performed autonomously by the customer
- Short set-up times, fast throughput times
- Mobile setup, easy to move on castors
- Validation of the clear function of individual components and the overall system during pre-delivery acceptance testing and upon delivery
- Reliable operation
- Reduce operating costs
Individual solutions for various industries
- For filter media and small filter elements
- Product development and production control
- Test possibilities with regard to EN 1882-3 (HEPA/ULPA) and ISO 29463-3
- Fractional efficiency measurement in the range from approx. 20 nm up to 1 µm
- Measurement range (size)
- U-SMPS: 10 – 800 nm
- Volume flow
- 0.48 – 5.76 m³/h - pressurized operation
- Inflow velocity
- 1.3 – 16 cm/s (others on request)
- Differential pressure measurement
- 0 – 2,500 Pa (others on request)
- Dusts (e.g., SAE dusts), salts (e.g., NaCl, KCl), liquid aerosols (e.g., DEHS)
- Compressed air supply
- 6 – 8 bar
- Test area of the medium
- 100 cm2
- Power supply
- 115 – 230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Approx. 760 • 2,100 • 985 mm (H • W • D)
Your individual configuration
Options suitable for this device