Aerosol Sensor welas® 1200
Aerosol sensor for number concentrations up to 50,000 particles/cm3
welas® digital and Promo® systems are based on scattered-light analysis on a single particle. The particles to be measured pass through a T-shaped, optically delineated measuring volume illuminated by a white light source. This generates a scattered-light pulse whose level is a measure of the concentration.
The following special feature guarantees the high size classification accuracy and the high size resolution:
- White light and 90° light-scattering detection ⇒ unambiguous calibration curve
- Patented T-aperture technology for a T-shaped measurement technology ⇒ no border zone error
- New digital individual signal processing for the analysis of the scattered-light pulse ⇒ coincidence detection and correction, which enables measurement in up to 5 times higher concentrations
Trouble-free and reliable measurement of large particles up to 40 µm in the sensor is guaranteed by the vertical aerosol duct at a high volume flow of 5 l/min and a large sampling tube diameter.
The table below shows the theoretical minimum separation of the particles at a given number concentration.
At a number concentration of 103 per cm3, the optical measuring volume must not be larger than 1 mm3.
welas / number concentration
|Number concentration [P/m³]||Number concentration [P/cm³]||Particle distance [cm]||Particle distance [mm]||Particle distance [µm]|
The customer can select a sensor with the appropriate measuring volume size depending on the concentration to be measured.
For concentrations up to 500,000 particles/cm3, the welas® 1100 sensor with a very small measuring volume is used. This ensures the smallest measuring volume such that only one particle ever enters the measuring volume. In low concentrations, the model welas® 1200 with a larger measuring volume offers the advantage of a higher counting rate at the same number concentration.
The welas® sensors are characterized by an excellent agreement of counting efficiency and particle size resolution.
This means that the measurement results are highly comparable in terms of the number of concentrations and particle size measured when using different sensors.
The welas® 1000 series of aerosol sensors is characterized by its very high counting efficiency starting from 0.12 µm!
Special measuring cuvettes allow the use of the welas® aerosol sensors even under unusual measuring conditions. These are available:
- heatable sensors up to 250 °C; higher temperatures on request
- pressure-resistant sensors up to 10 bar overpressure
- sensors resistant against chemically aggressive media
Your special advantages
- Widest measuring range of 120 nm to 40 µm (4 measuring ranges selectable in one device)
- Calibration curves for different refractive indices
- Widest concentration range of 0 particle/cm3 up to 5 • 104 particles/cm3
- Very high and reproducible counting efficiency rate starting at 0.12 µm
- High temporal resolution down to 10 ms
- Extensive PDControl and FTControl software
- Strong, powerful external suction pump ASP 1000
- Calibration, cleaning and lamp replacement can all be performed independently by the customer
- Simple operation
- Low maintenance
- Reliable function
- Reduces your operating expenses
Individual solutions for various industries
- Determination of the separation efficiency of car interior filters, engine air filters, room air filters, compressed air filters, vacuum cleaner filters, cleanable filters, electrostatic precipitators, oil separators, cooling lubricant separators, wet scrubbers, cyclones and other separators
- Isothermal and isobaric particle size and quantitative determination, for instance in the automobile, chemical, pharmaceutical and food industries
- Analysis of fast, transient processes
- Inspection of smoke detectors
- Particle formation for cloud formation
- Emission measurements
- Immission measurements
- Measurement range (number C_N)
0 – 5 • 104 particles/cm3
- Measurement range (size)
- 0.12 – 40 µm (4 measurement ranges)
- Volume flow
- 1.6 l/min, 5 l/min (others on demand)
- Thermodynamic conditions
- +10 – +40 °C, -100 – +50 mbarg
- Light source
- Xenon high pressure lamp 75 W
- Approx. 19 kg
- Air cooling
- Power supply
- 115 – 230 V, 50/60 Hz
- 200 • 530 • 530 mm (H • W • D)
Your individual configuration
Options suitable for this device